Friday, August 30, 2013

Replies to Marlow's Passionate Shepherd (A Poem)

  • What is love? (Baby don’t hurt me)
    Leave my freedom to live with thee?
    What thing in nature have I missed?
    I’m an environmentalist.

  • Sit on some rocks? Rlly? Alot?
    OMG dude thts not even hot
    You can see sheep if you want, well
    I look for signal for my cell.

  • Roses! You are minority!
    But God takes my priority.
    (Sigh in grief, my friend, moan and groan
    Welcome to this lady’s friend zone.)

  • A gown made of the finest wool
    Bright white, and light, and yet quite dull
    This is not right for my station
    I crave the latest sensation

  • These pleasures will not make me move
    You’ll learn you've got a lot to prove
    You think you can so easily
    Get your grubby hands on me?


…


Perhaps the shepherd swains will sing
For the delight of each morning
Far will the shepherd have to move
In search of things resembling love...

No comments:

Post a Comment