Sunday, October 6, 2013

Miseri Cordis (A Poem)

There is a man who I must be
And yet I do not know his name.
Not yet his body rightly see
Though his cross for mine I claim

Oh the quest through dark night weary
Now my soul must surely claim
For it finds nothing certain clearly
Save uncertainty of name.

And now my wretched heart I know
Holds yet a pain I cannot name
And O this melancholy sow'd
What in reaping will God claim? 

That starkly nameless go I now
Flying fast from flaming claim
Of my soul as is, but how
To crack at the ice and name

The Godhead I so endow
As with life of me, my name
And so freely give up, now,
The free will that I had claimed.

O God, this wretched heart of mine
Is now a mercy that I claim
For though mercy's fogged in time
Heaven's splendor lights my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment